Monday, October 1, 2007

Cops hate jokes

The police have no sense of humor. I was in a situation involving cops in which i was totally innocent. I figured since i was clean, I should try to lighten the mood. The police did not approve. Pot and scales were found at a residence i happened to be at. A police officer commented that there must have been drug dealing since there was a scale. Seeing the opportunity to calm everybody down, i decided to chime in with, "maybe somebody was just on weight watchers." The cops did not laugh. They just got upset. I personally thought it was a good joke. In another instance, i jokingly asked for a beer and a cigarette. This came about because they were accusing me of drinking. They would not give me a breathalyser or blood test but i was asking for whatever I could to prove my innocence since i had not in any way broken any laws. After being falsely accused, a said, "Since you think I have been drinking, you might as well give a beer to prove yourself right. At least give me a cigarette, this situation is pretty stressful." Well apparently this joke did not go over well at all. The cops just got mad more than anything else. Well f*** them then. I got off for being 100% innocent, and they just had another bad day of another bad life. Nobody wants to be a cop, except apparently those who hate jokes do. So continue being miserable cops, i will continue following your rules, while making jokes along the way.

2 comments:

hello said...

that does not seem like an appropite joke

Unknown said...

I have to say that this is one of the best cop stories that i have ever heard. It seems like the city is scrapping the bottom of the barrel trying to pull up new recruits. It is sad. Good luck trying to stay away from another encounter.