Monday, March 3, 2008

Why Whimsical Wyatt's World Is A Dictatorship

Do not make hasty assumptions on what I am about to write, dear reader, just listen up and let me attack your mind. We have this false sense that every body deserves to vote. Now I am all for a democracy and everyone having the right to vote, but we should not take it further than that. Trying to get people who wouldn't normally vote, to vote, is bad for America. If you have somebody that only votes because they are told to, then there vote is not one they really support. Everyone is telling me to vote, and while I cannot vote in the primaries, I wouldn't anyway. The reason is not that my vote does not count or that I don't care, but rather I consciously understand that I do not know enough about any of the candidates to make a decision. I have not followed the candidates much to this point and do not know their policies, therefore I do not deserve to be able to vote. My school is doing somethings to help get people to register to vote. I think it is ridiculous. If you can not fill out the little piece of paper and mail it in on your own, you do not deserve to vote. If you are not willing to take out the time to get it and mail it in, you should not vote. We should not continue to encourage everyone to vote, because the uninformed, not necessarily the unintelligent, should not be allowed to vote. If you know nothing about presidential policies or anything of the sort, your vote is more harm than good. You have no grounds to choose a candidate so how can it be a good decision. You can be uneducated and vote, but if you are uneducated about what you are voting for, than why vote. Stop feeling bad for people we should not feel bad for America.

No comments: