Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Personality, Shmersonality

You may think I have been ranting recently, but really I have just been dropping knowledge. Today I will talk about another problem with voting and politics. People care to much about personality. We took a survey in class today about which candidate our ideas lean towards. Throughout the room all I heard was "I got Hillary, I will never vote for her," or "Oh but I hate this person" and worst of all "I still won't vote for them." Now, if your policies are the same as someone running for President, you should vote for them. Do not be a fool. Whether the President is someone you would like to talk to or not doesn't matter, because you probably will never talk to them. Do not vote based on personality. It can be a bonus, but if you vote because you like the person rather than their policies, you are a fool.

No comments: