Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A Triumphant Return

I have been away from my blog recently but here I am for my triumphant return. Due to both technical difficulties, and scheduling conflicts, my blog has taken a back seat to my life, but not any longer. This past weekend my lacrosse team played two games, winning by a collective score of 30-6. Now this may make us seem like a powerhouse, but really we were just playing terrible teams to make us feel good about ourselves. And it worked. But it will seemingly be problematic, because if we are used to playing people that are awful, playing people that are just decent will seem like a jarring task. If the Spurs scrimmaged against college teams, they would feel good about themselves, but they would be setting themselves up for disaster. Which brings me to my lacrosse season. This false sense of glory may be more than we can overcome. Our first count game is on Wednesday and we will see if was better to have built up are self-esteem, or if we should have played teams that would have dominated us, just so that anything else seems like cake. Sleep in anticipation, dear reader, you will find out in due time.

No comments: